Product Design Lead
Every year 6 billion SEK of personal accident insurance compensation go unclaimed in Sweden! Why so?
One of the main reasons is that going through the insurance claiming process is complicated, and it requires time, knowledge, and patience. At Insurello, we simplify the process of claiming compensation and make it accessible to everyone. We have already helped more than 20,000 people gain fair insurance compensations through our platform, and the user count is growing by the hour.
We are convinced – we have a product that will transform an industry that has the common perception of being complex and boring by providing a digital solution that helps millions of people in a simple and time-efficient way. We were awarded the Start-up of the Year award by Business Challenge and top-100 InsurTech start-ups in the world by Fintech Global.
If designing digital products that innovate industries, focus on the best customer experience, and help people in their effort for the right compensation makes you excited – keep reading!
By joining as a Product Design Lead at Insurello, you will find a perfect balance between visionary and hands-on designing work. You will play a key role in exploring, conceptualizing, planning, and driving forward our product and design system, as well as execute high-quality designs to translate the goal of our product into a functional customer experience. You should have a keen eye for detail and color, stellar communication skills, the ability to identify customers’ needs, and a vision for designing digital products that satisfy them.
Working in cross-functional teams, you will drive the product discovery process and design sprints to evolve our product constantly and iteratively for maximizing customer satisfaction. You will report to Chief Product Officer; your day-to-day closest colleagues will be Product Managers and Software Engineers, but you will also educate and inspire the Design team while setting the bar of quality in execution and process.
What will you do:
- Oversee Insurello Design processes and ensure creation of intuitive, innovative, and delightful user experiences across Product & Tech teams.
- Drive end-to-end design work for the product: web design, exploration, user research, concept development, interaction design, prototyping, and evaluation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and company leaders to continuously develop our product.
- Mentor and guide the Design team to ensure accurate customer experience.
- Run discovery workshops with Product Managers and Engineering to define opportunities within our product.
Who we think you are:
- You have approximately 5+ years of work experience working with different aspects of product design. You have occupied Senior UX/Product Designer, Design Lead, or similar positions before.
- You thrive working in cross-functional teams, closely collaborating with Product Managers and Engineers on delivering the best customer experience.
- You are both a passionate learner who loves to experiment with new tools and technology, as well as a person who loves to share knowledge and experience. You are a perfect fit if you are interested in guiding and mentoring more junior designers in the team.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and a love for UX challenges.
- You understand both qualitative and quantitative research tools, as well as can translate research into feasible ideas that will satisfy consumers.
It is extra amazing if you have:
💫 Interest and/or background in start-ups and Fintech
💫 Worked on designing B2C product
💫 Experience driving product discovery, as well as design sprints and workshops
How to join us? Well, our standard recruitment process for the role includes:
⏺ Application & Portfolio screening
⏺ Intro call with a recruiter
⏺ Portfolio case presentation with the team
⏺ An interview with a hiring manager
⏺ Personality & aptitude tests from our partner Alva Labs
We love to see some work you have done and are proud of. Do you have a portfolio of projects you worked on? Great! We’d love to have a look🤩
Insurello is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive environment for our candidates and employees. Please refrain from including any personal data irrelevant to the role. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, motivation, and business needs.