We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our international start-up and help us succeed on our journey. We are convinced – Insurello will transform an industry that has the common perception of being complex and boring by providing a digital solution that helps millions of people in a simple and time-efficient way. If this makes you excited – keep reading!
Data engineering at Insurello is not only about creating pipelines but also about making data accessible for stakeholders in a high quality, secure, and user-friendly way. We believe in the guidance correct data can give to the company, and the harm that biased data can do. The role is in our Analytics Team, but you will collaborate a lot with our Software Engineers in Tech & Product team, as well as other stakeholders from all over the company.
What you get to do:
- Take ownership and responsibility for building and maintaining our data infrastructure using state of the art data engineering technologies. We use AWS to host our infrastructure and databases, and we build our data pipelines using tools such as Airflow, Meltano, Python, dbt, SQL.
- Monitor the quality of the data with consideration for stakeholders and data privacy regulations.
- Write maintainable code following software engineering best practices like code reviews, testing, and documentation. We also practice pair programming.
- Be a part of a small but mighty analytics team, that finds joy in finding things out and learning new things! We value having a supporting culture that handles both success and setbacks together.
Who we think you are:
- You have worked a couple of years within the field of data engineering, software development or data science, and have experience in building data pipelines.
- Experience in cloud computing such as AWS or GCP.
- Proficient in Python and SQL.
- Experience in some or all of the tools we use: Airflow, Meltano, Segment, and dbt, etc. Besides those, we are always open for new tools!
- We care about data quality and there is no point being a data driven company if we cannot trust the data. We want someone who shares that passion!
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
Please note that we are an English-first company, meaning you don't have to know Swedish to work here. This and more information about Insurello you can find on our career site https://jobb.insurello.se.
Our standard recruitment process for the role includes:
⏺ CV screening against the pre-defined criteria;
⏺ Initial phone interview with a recruiter;
⏺ A video call with a hiring manager;
⏺ A case assignment and its review with the team;
⏺ Personality & aptitude tests from our partner Alva Labs;
Insurello is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity and promote an inclusive environment for our candidates and employees. Please refrain from including any personal data irrelevant to the role. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, motivation, and business needs.
Who are we?
Every year 6 billion SEK of personal accident insurance compensation go unclaimed in Sweden! Why so? One of the main reasons is that it is extremely difficult to go through the insurance claiming process, which requires both time, knowledge, and patience.
With Insurello, there is no need to understand insurance-specific language, be equipped with plenty of time, or have a specific background. We want to help all people claim their accident insurance compensation instantly online and change the insurance landscape for the better. Our vision is to rebalance the power between customers and the insurance companies, enabling fair compensation for all.